• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Best MSG Sound Poll

#23109 3 years, 5 months ago
I have heard it said that MSG is a difficult venue, sound quality wise. Which band that you've seen there has sounded the best? The best sounding band I've seen there is the Moody Blues. Their sound filled the space completely and beautifully, with the music swirling around the venue in a way I have never heard anyone else achieve, like earphones. It was amazing.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Daisy Mae.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best MSG Sound Poll

#23126 3 years, 5 months ago
I thought 11/20/10 there sounded real good but other good sounding shows I've seen there include Eric Clapton, especially the first time I saw him solo there in 06' or 07'. Fleetwood Mac sounded good there a couple years ago but unfortunatly I was in the 2nd to last row in the whole venue (and got tickets right when they went on sale).

I want to see the Moody Blues, I had a few opportunities that I didn't take which I regret now but they'll be around again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#23144 3 years, 5 months ago
never been to madison square garden but it's probably like most arenas, not built for sound.
built to hold as many as possible.
the sound in most basketball/hockey arenas really sucks
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#23149 3 years, 5 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
never been to madison square garden but it's probably like most arenas, not built for sound.
built to hold as many as possible.
the sound in most basketball/hockey arenas really sucks

So very true! MSG is particularly large; there is a lot of empty space to fill. The bands I saw there did not sound bad because they were good and loud, but the Moody Blues really aced a difficult space. No one else I've ever heard there was able to utilize the space the way they did; they had this amazing circular motion thing going with the sound.

For a really bad sound venue that no one sounds good in I pick Nassau Coliseum. I saw Pink Floyd do The Wall there and the sound quality was purely atrocious.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Daisy Mae.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#23520 3 years, 5 months ago

I was there for the first time ever during Phish's NYE run in 2010...I thought for a Hockey/B-Ball Arena it sounded pretty good...Much better sound than the United Center in Chicago where I live...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23700 3 years, 5 months ago
probably not popular here but metallica just fills that place to overflowing with sound,the dont skimp when it comes to amps and volume,death magnetic show was crystal clear and loud the put the stage in the center of the floor which i think helps
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds