• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
thecossack
Fresh Boarder

the cops at jones beach left you alone because....

#42395 3 years, 3 months ago
they were busting my ass. here's the story

a crazy night- got there at around five and jumped in the ocean and looked at bikinis for an hour- a double row of shakedown street- had a one dollar grilled cheese and looked at the faces-
made my way across the cove and sat got stoned ate a mango and heard the first notes of samson and delila slithering across the waters and was dancing on a rock wall beside thirty geese and a dead crab-
IMG_0149.JPG

wandered a bit throught eh grasses and found a thicket of salt spray roses with plumb red rose hips and picked a bagfull for later preserves and laughed and danced to tom thumbs blues and when throwing stones came on i couldn't take the half sound and needed to get closer so i gave up on my plan on waiting for darkness to cross to the arena -
IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0195.jpg

started paddling as bobby was singing we are all on our own- on our own- on our own- battled the waves and the wind in the dusk and should have known that doom was coming when shakedown came across the waves but i was too blissed out to care- made it to a small mud flat and got out ate a plum and was approached by a boat of shithead state park high school kids that said i couldn't be there- i asked why being an american citizen recreating on public land and they said because you can't- great reason- then followed with a classic do you want us to get the cops- good times- intermission- i said i'm just gonna eat a sandwich and take a leak and i'll be on my way- they lingered a bit and when i got into my boat they went back to the stadium- i hung out along the edge of the marsh for a bit waiting for complete night contemplating my move when the intro to weather report suite came to me and i have really been digging on that song as of late so i slowly made my way towards the stage along the mudflats-found some excellent mussel beds and some clams and will definitely be returning for those come fall- but as i inched closer maybe 100 feet from the side of the stage phil side- i saw movement by the boats and then the fucking police lights just as ---on the day when i was born my daddy sat down and cried--- my jam- i broke toward the stage in a wild burst and made it to within 30 feet but the pigs over took me and chased me back- into the middle of the bay and i ditched my stash into the waves just as the big light blinded my eyes--- after some harassment and threats they let me go back across and get to my car but not before still being unable to give me a satisfactory answer as to why i am unable to raft in state waters as an american citizen in 2011- they followed halfway across the bay before i turned back and asked if they would allow me the dignity of paddling back without their damn light shining on me and as they turned the light off bob let loose a soulful --across the rio grand-e-o across that lazy river and fuck o fuck if it wasn't aimed right at my heart there in the middle of the world paddling alone again with the red moon to my west and the cops fading back from where the came-- indeed- should have left at dusk/ found elusive mussel beds- it ain't fate, it's only life-
IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

good times though....always good times
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by thecossack. Reason: addition
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo, DeadHead420, Bakes
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: the cops at jones beach left you alone because....

#42398 3 years, 3 months ago
sounds interesting....although you were certainly n ot the only one bothered by the police state...

maybe around 5:30 we are under our tarp in the parking lot and a cruiser goes by...they notice my SINGLE beer bottle, stop--get out tell me i can't drink here so i pour out the beer to avoid any problems, then they ask me why my wallet is out---i inform them i owe my friend 14 dollars for a gas/tolls difference, so they grab him, shake him down against the car, steal his bowl, a few doses, his suboxen (he is battling a serious opiate addiction) and luckily do not arrest him...the cop says "sorry folks no acid for you tonight"---my friend wasn't selling it, it was his personal shit...the cop thought she was ruining our day or something...HER GOAL...there are a thousand more people selling drugs and they pick on this certain situation...i don't get it...i also noticed they didn't hassle anyone over the age of 40...the experience reminded me why i stopped going to jones beach...luckily for them the show was awesome and allowed me to overlook the chicanery they call lot security
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#42404 3 years, 3 months ago
So the cops own the ocean now? What a crock of shit
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#42414 3 years, 3 months ago
Your story had me on the edge of me feet man, crazy shit! The cops took the acid and made no busts, Wow thats a miracle In my book. Hope the rest of yall stay safe from Johnny Law and have a Grate tour!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#42416 3 years, 3 months ago
cool pics, shitty story. that sucks they had to do that, to both of you
intothesun
Visitor

#42431 3 years, 3 months ago
Awesome story that the kind of fun im talkin bout, except throwing stones, i mean throwing your stash into the waves. You totally can dew that shit in san fran. at Giants games...wtf? Or pebble beach golf tournaments. East coast gay shit. Nice boat man.
just curious...you pulled out a mango, then a plum, were you smuggling fruit from ny to new jersey? Or do you just like the convienence of a fruit snack. i love fruit. better and more filling than a beef jerky (soy or meat)
intothesun
Visitor

#42436 3 years, 3 months ago
They didnt harass anyone over 40 huh Lewis? Thats funny. Maybe i should dress as an old man. Ive always wanted a hover round.
intothesun
Visitor

#42438 3 years, 3 months ago
"...and was dancing on a rock wall beside like 30 geese and a dead crab." thats too funny..Lol
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#42471 3 years, 3 months ago
I was super surprised just how oppressive security at shows has become. Its so sad that folks live in fear, especially when they are clueless. Because if you're gonna drink a beer, they aim to make damn sure its a $10 one INSIDE. I think it's gotten bad since 9/11.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#42473 3 years, 3 months ago
Fun story, BTW!!!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds