• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chris1126
Junior Boarder

Re: Folks,IT IS GOING TO DANGEROUSLY HOT

#42196 3 years, 2 months ago
misting stations to cool off would be a nice touch...
"Talking a lot about less and less;
And forgetting the love we bring."
intothesun
Visitor

#42197 3 years, 2 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Latest forcast for Sat. in Philly: high of 98. At least the Mann is in the middle of a large park. Lots of grass, lots of trees, a substantial manmade lake. That should help a little.

Looks like a quality kitty, DeadHead420.

Are u sure theres a lake. i know theres trees and grass. never saw a lake there
intothesun
Visitor

#42198 3 years, 2 months ago
People should really not even come out til later in the day. I know shakedowns fun and all ,but we've all had our share of shakedowns....its not going to be the best shakedown ever or the last...definately not worth dying. when the sun goes down and the band goes on its still going to be like 95 degrees out!!! Take it easy and stay in the shade.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#42211 3 years, 2 months ago
intothesun wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Latest forcast for Sat. in Philly: high of 98. At least the Mann is in the middle of a large park. Lots of grass, lots of trees, a substantial manmade lake. That should help a little.

Looks like a quality kitty, DeadHead420.

Are u sure theres a lake. i know theres trees and grass. never saw a lake there

Maybe "lake" is a bit of an overstatement. It's more like a swamp and it's largely hidden by trees, but it is there.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
intothesun
Visitor

#42224 3 years, 2 months ago
I cant make it to the shows but I know a friend that will be there and she's going to be giving out free bottles of water. equanox, i know u meant well - there are many trees to get shade. thats for sure.
intothesun
Visitor

#42225 3 years, 2 months ago
Sad thing is people that are trying to make money from custies are going to be standing right on shakedown and if they have a dog will grag the poor thing through the heat to just boil. I hope people can put their pets before money and maybe just chill with em in the shade or keep them back at the hotel room in the ac. Really going to be terribly hot. This aint some overexaggeration . Really not fair to put an animal through that suffering. I'm not gonna even talk about leaving a pet in a car when its 100 degrees out. Its seriously bad just to make them stand out in the sun. Maybe shakedown can be in the trees that would be cool. if not keep your pets out of the sun even if you ask someone to watch them thats under a tree with water. You will get by, only with love and not selfishness.
intothesun
Visitor

#42549 3 years, 2 months ago
news.yahoo.com/photos/heat-wave-13076251...zdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

take it easy and stay in the shade, especially if you have pets...theyt dont want to walk around in the sun so you can find a ticket or sell your whatever...keep yourself and pets in the shade . Just take it easy - and all is well - listening to dark star on gd radio from 84....and the song just ended.....cool. now donna jean is talking about gd radio...bla bla bla..jk.. hang loose- be aloha be kind have fun
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#42597 3 years, 2 months ago
folks there is no reason to stop doing anything you'd normally do as long as you are safe...remember to hydrate yourself, stay in some shade, limit alcohol, etc

i am going to put up my tarp to provide shade, have 2 of them to make a nice area, hopefully near some trees, anyone is welcome to come by to hang out, cool down, grab a water--let's organize some forum meet ups, went well in bethel and after that i ran into some of those folks again, unplanned!

that being said THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING! i did not realize it'd be that hot down that way, although it was last weekend so it is not too big of a surprise, i will see ya'll there
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
intothesun
Visitor

#42611 3 years, 2 months ago
Thats the spirit, right on Lewis we gotta look out for eachother.
abo421
Fresh Boarder

#42638 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm a new contributor to this forum, but it'd be great to get in on some kind of meet up at the Mann...if something comes together that is.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds