• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Olompali
Junior Boarder

Re: Does the bands employees need to harass kids?

#42318 3 years ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:

Good advice. Probably good to stay away from heroin and cocaine, too. Just sayin'

That goes without saying...Since cigs and overeating are legal and pervasive throughout society, those two take restating.

dancemonkey.jpg
Let Tomorrow Be
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat
intothesun
Visitor

#42354 3 years ago
spring mountain high wrote:
intothesun wrote:
spring mountain high wrote:
if you are using the band's trademarked logos then they have every right to tell you to stop...you're not giving your stuff away, so why should they??? this reminds me of the time they pulled the soundboards down from the archive and everyone got sand in their underpants...this band/s owes us nothing, and has already given us plenty...if you think they care about the 'vending scene' outside the show then you are delusional...having to continue touring non-stop to support all the leaches who had no other semblance of a life is what killed jerry garcia...it's pretty well documented that he wanted to quit but felt bad for all the people who would instatntly be without a livlihood if he stopped, so he pushed himself way harder than he should have and his heart gave out before he even had a chance to hit 60

you're kidding right? I know people who skiid til the age of 75 and rode in bike races , totally old but healthy. Jerry's heart gave out because of a drug called Heroin that was so unfortunaley in his life. Youve gotta be kidding please tell me you're retarded or you just took a hit of crack please . Jerys drive was so good he could of gone on for many years more til today 4 sure if he didnt have a drug problem with the worst of the worst H. Leaches killed Jerry....wtf?

no i'm not kidding...garcia was in shitty health, but definitely would have lived longer if he dodn't have to push himself to support all the 'kind brothers and sisters' who made a living off his back

speaking of retarded, how'd that audition with phil go? you guys heading out on tour soon? lolwut

I dont understand what your talking about . Do u think jerrys heart was not affected by heroin? His heart would have been fine if it werent for the heroin addiction. I dont get what u mean by people living off his backs. Theres no way if he was here today that he would want you saying something so stupid. If he wanted to quit he would have moved to hawaii permantly and played like once a year at bonaroo or vibes. "who made a living off of his back". People that were making a living from jerry? People that sold stuff at shows did so and were merely there just to hear the band or get to another show. Your a wingnut
intothesun
Visitor

#42355 3 years ago
And me and phil arent headed out on tour any time soon. But when it happens, you'll hopefully know.
intothesun
Visitor

#42356 3 years ago
Jerry's heart was stressed from people living off his sweat having no where to go....or a drug called heroin. mmmm. He was a pretty generous guy to have kept going for people selling t shirts and nag champa. He couldnt take the stress cause his health was WAY under par due to the not so good effects on your body from heroin.
intothesun
Visitor

#42357 3 years ago
oh i get it . it was the cigarettes and chili dogs...heroin played no roll on his health. right. sure

I hate when people get harassed for artwork like jewelry or photography. They are not leaches and are the better part of the dead community.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#42360 3 years ago
Read Phil's book, he mentions some things about Jerry's death
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#42374 3 years ago
gd4ever wrote:
I am curious why there have been folks hired to harass people in the lot for selling their art work? We are traveling with our children. Our 16 year old daughter designed posters to sell in the lot to help fund our family travels. This is a young girl walking around holding her art work continuing the tradition of what has always been part of the Grateful Dead and this music scene, making it possible for this band to have such a live fan base. Does the band make that much money on their merchandise that it is necessary to hire a rude, arrogant man to give children a hard time, destroy their art, and creep them out by referring to her as sweetie and sweetheart in a creepy old man way? We have loved the music, the scene since we were kids ourselves and want to continue to travel with our kids to see and hear you play, but it is not possible without the help of some kind of money coming in. The kids are not selling drugs or doing anything illegal, just sharing their artwork. Why the harassment and such negative energy directed towards kids? Is it really necessary?

thats so screwed up, i hope you tell her, not everyone is a douche bag, only certain people.
Olompali
Junior Boarder

#42388 3 years ago
intothesun wrote:
oh i get it . it was the cigarettes and chili dogs...heroin played no roll on his health. right. sure

40 years of chain smoking non filtered Camels combined with obesity will have a much more damaging effect on the heart
than a heroin addiction.

Of course heroin played a role in his health. No one suggested otherwise.
Let Tomorrow Be
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#42390 3 years ago
Olompali wrote:
intothesun wrote:

40 years of chain smoking non filtered Camels combined with obesity will have a much more damaging effect on the heart
than a heroin addiction.

Of course heroin played a role in his health. No one suggested otherwise.

What you're saying is correct, in terms of direct adverse impact on Jerry's heart. The cigs, bad diet, and obesity did more to damage his heart then the heroin use itself. So did the all the cocaine he snorted over the years. However, it is the unfortunate pattern of addiction and the disease of addiction that kept Jerry trapped in a lifestyle where smoking, poor eating, and lack of exercise were his norms. A lot of heroin addicts go the other way and are malnourished and underweight, like John Kahn for instance, and most of them smoke. There is a reason why there aren't too many old junkies walking around, they either get clean or they die. At least Jerry was clean when he died.

I'm not sure how this thread changed directions from harassment of vendors to Jerry's bad habits, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#42403 3 years ago
i've seen nothing like that except to those who are infringing copyrights and trademarks
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 6.43 seconds