• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Does the bands employees need to harass kids?

#42151 2 years, 9 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
if you are using the band's trademarked logos then they have every right to tell you to stop...you're not giving your stuff away, so why should they??? this reminds me of the time they pulled the soundboards down from the archive and everyone got sand in their underpants...this band/s owes us nothing, and has already given us plenty...if you think they care about the 'vending scene' outside the show then you are delusional...having to continue touring non-stop to support all the leaches who had no other semblance of a life is what killed jerry garcia...it's pretty well documented that he wanted to quit but felt bad for all the people who would instatntly be without a livlihood if he stopped, so he pushed himself way harder than he should have and his heart gave out before he even had a chance to hit 60

I think what upset me more was it was Weir's decision to pull soundboards, and I did read a quote and I believe it was from an interview from Rolling stone that Weir said he had kids to put through college, and he wanted to charge for these, whether this was sarcastic or not, it set off alot of bad vibes. Lesh was against this idea from the start, and for the longest time I lost respect for Bob. Not now, but back then.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#42152 2 years, 9 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
I like how you call people delusional n leaches. Very kind words. =-)

DeadHead420 wrote:
"douchers" "kick them in the nads" "douchelords" "stick out a leg and trip the douchelord"

pot, meet kettle

hehehehe Theres a difference between callin fans who sell stuff bein called leaches, n anyone who thinks differently than him, delusional. Douchelord, id say is a proper term for one who harasses people who are jus tryin to enjoy beautiful music, n people. So the pot and kettle shall not meet. lol
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#42179 2 years, 9 months ago
I'd say the parking lot hassles are from the venue not the band
intothesun
Visitor

#42255 2 years, 9 months ago
if you are using the band's trademarked logos then they have every right to tell you to stop...you're not giving your stuff away, so why should they??? this reminds me of the time they pulled the soundboards down from the archive and everyone got sand in their underpants...this band/s owes us nothing, and has already given us plenty...if you think they care about the 'vending scene' outside the show then you are delusional...having to continue touring non-stop to support all the leaches who had no other semblance of a life is what killed jerry garcia...it's pretty well documented that he wanted to quit but felt bad for all the people who would instatntly be without a livlihood if he stopped, so he pushed himself way harder than he should have and his heart gave out before he even had a chance to hit 60

you're kidding right? I know people who skiid til the age of 75 and rode in bike races , totally old but healthy. Jerry's heart gave out because of a drug called Heroin that was so unfortunaley in his life. Youve gotta be kidding please tell me you're retarded or you just took a hit of crack please . Jerys drive was so good he could of gone on for many years more til today 4 sure if he didnt have a drug problem with the worst of the worst H. Leaches killed Jerry....wtf?
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#42261 2 years, 9 months ago
intothesun wrote:

you're kidding right? I know people who skiid til the age of 75 and rode in bike races , totally old but healthy. Jerry's heart gave out because of a drug called Heroin that was so unfortunaley in his life. Youve gotta be kidding please tell me you're retarded or you just took a hit of crack please . Jerys drive was so good he could of gone on for many years more til today 4 sure if he didnt have a drug problem with the worst of the worst H. Leaches killed Jerry....wtf?

Way classy calling somebody retarted, no need to be a dick...

H contributed to his poor health as well as the constant life on the road, but the main two killers for him IMHO were the diet and the cigarettes. Heroin addicts usually die from OD's or infection (AIDS, Hepatitis, etc.), William S. Burroughs lived into his 80's. Jerry's diet was horrible, I knew the GD's touring chef (he was with them for the last couple of years), and he said he was sent in to clean up Jerry's diet on the road. Jerry loved chili dogs, so he made up this killer "healthy" tofu chili dog. And we all know that cigarettes cause many different health problems. The man smoked most of his life. But decades of bad habits can't be made up for in a couple of years...
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
Olompali
Junior Boarder

#42286 2 years, 9 months ago
No question..Jer's diet and chain smokin' cigs for 40 years did him in.

Re: trademarked items. Realized in the 80's that the proliferation of booted lot items were from some "organized" non Heads being hawked on a massive scale The GD had to put in some effort to prove they were protecting their rights otherwise the hard case criminal element could argue that everyone does it and the band condones it freely. It's called setting legal precedent.
In the OP's case the harshness is from that particular employee . But imagine a young artist creates a mystical unique design and some Lot kid copies it and the next day is selling the exact same thing by the hundreds. I would think the original designer would be quite angry and even confrontational in an effort to stop it.

In re: soundboards on LMA. Phil did not like the WAY the pull down was handled not the fact that a pulldown occurred. There were and are many people involved with the GD legacy, not just Phil or Bob.
Weir and the college thing was the typical Ace smartass.
\
Btw, thousands of sbds are still on LMA. As wall as traded and vined on the GD/Rhino official site.
Unlike say, the Allmans or Hot Tuna who do not allow ANY form of computerized trading whatsoever.
Let Tomorrow Be
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#42287 2 years, 9 months ago
intothesun wrote:

no i'm not kidding...garcia was in shitty health, but definitely would have lived longer if he dodn't have to push himself to support all the 'kind brothers and sisters' who made a living off his back

speaking of retarded, how'd that audition with phil go? you guys heading out on tour soon? lolwut
Olompali
Junior Boarder

#42298 2 years, 9 months ago
It's nonsense to believe The GD/Jerry toured to support Lot vendors when they were actively seeking a halt to the activity.
Now, was Jer pushed to tour for the benefit of The Other Ones and the employees?...probably. But if Garcia quit the chain smoking non filters when he was 40 and lost, oh say.. one hundred pounds at least...his heart could have withstood 15 more years of 80 gigs per. Then retire to Maui with Billy.

Lesson: If you are in your early twenties, don't let the tobacco habit take control of your health and ease up on the chili dogs and strawberry frappes.

GDEyepin.jpg
Let Tomorrow Be
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Olompali.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#42309 2 years, 9 months ago
Olompali wrote:
It's nonsense to believe The GD/Jerry toured to support Lot vendors when they were actively seeking a halt to the activity.
Now, was Jer pushed to tour for the benefit of The Other Ones and the employees?...probably. But if Garcia quit the chain smoking non filters when he was 40 and lost, oh say.. one hundred pounds at least...his heart could have withstood 15 more years of 80 gigs per. Then retire to Maui with Billy.

Lesson: If you are in your early twenties, don't let the tobacco habit take control of your health and ease up on the chili dogs and strawberry frappes.

GDEyepin.jpg

Good advice. Probably good to stay away from heroin and cocaine, too. Just sayin'
Without love day to day insanity's king
stricken
Gold Boarder

#42310 2 years, 9 months ago
This sounds like more of a power TRIP case by whomever . I make my living selling at flea markets and trademark or not i resale items that i classify as used. ( or leftovers )Once you bye something is it not paid for and then if you should decide you no longer need or want it how can anyone else dictate what you do with it . What about all the people who sell items at yard sales? I understand that differnt places have thier own policy on vending,and you may need a permit. But if you can provide a bill of sale real or not case should be closed.
Time to create page: 1.04 seconds