• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gd4ever
Fresh Boarder

Does the bands employees need to harass kids?

#42039 3 years, 3 months ago
I am curious why there have been folks hired to harass people in the lot for selling their art work? We are traveling with our children. Our 16 year old daughter designed posters to sell in the lot to help fund our family travels. This is a young girl walking around holding her art work continuing the tradition of what has always been part of the Grateful Dead and this music scene, making it possible for this band to have such a live fan base. Does the band make that much money on their merchandise that it is necessary to hire a rude, arrogant man to give children a hard time, destroy their art, and creep them out by referring to her as sweetie and sweetheart in a creepy old man way? We have loved the music, the scene since we were kids ourselves and want to continue to travel with our kids to see and hear you play, but it is not possible without the help of some kind of money coming in. The kids are not selling drugs or doing anything illegal, just sharing their artwork. Why the harassment and such negative energy directed towards kids? Is it really necessary?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbeach12078
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Does the bands employees need to harass kids?

#42040 3 years, 3 months ago
What a shame she had a bad lot experience. Not exactly the example we want set for the next generation. But, as it's pretty much always been, I'd wager that any enforcement staff in the lot was put there by the venue and not by the band itself. I'm absolutely positive of it, as a matter of fact. Please tell her not all stops are that unfriendly and I hope she tries the scene again! Happy travels!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie Sheen
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#42042 3 years, 3 months ago
I can tell ya one thing, if any douche tries to take my stuff im makin, its not gonna happen. heheh nuh uh, messin wit the wrong platypus. I dont understand it when that happens. Its some peoples only way of tourin wit the band. Go mess wit someone else douchelords.lol
Mrs Deviled Egg
Fresh Boarder

#42044 3 years, 3 months ago
that is such a sad thing to hear! where did this happen? you know, I kinda do believe that the band has people out there "doing something" about posters and what not, because the venues would have no reason to care unless there ended up being no shakedown st PERIOD there, and the city has strict rules about vending (but ART is VERY protected by the bill of rights) so if they were talking about the art having GD images on it, it was prolly ppl from the band, but if he just talked about "not selling ANYTHING" it coulda been the venue.
either way, its stupid. I can understand in 1987 why they would have people in the lot stopping certain things, but there is a LOT of self regulation that happens amongst us all at shows, and so what if someone is selling items with "GD images" on it, it just spreads the love. they really should have enough $ by now to not care about this ANYMORE.
what's funny, is that before Furthur, no one seemed to care anymore about this stuff anymore, then Furthur came, now there are all these infringement and trademark issues coming back up and it makes my heart sad. Let them create, boys, we support you while you do the same (create, that is!)
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#42045 3 years, 3 months ago
Mrs. Deviled Egg, so nice to meet you. How did you come up with deviled egg? Just wondering....
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#42050 3 years, 3 months ago
I fuggin love deviled eggs...jus sayin. hahahah. Some o the stuff ive made has some sort of gd related thing on it, but really, are things really that hard up, that theyd harass people for it. If so, i SMITE you.lol . If anybody tries to bother me bout it ima jus kick him in the nads, n run away, n get suited up as the Platyfreak. Incognito. hahahaha (probly wont be kickin any nads considerin im antiviolence,but ill still run. Someone jus stick out a leg, n trip the douchelord for me hehe. )
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by DeadHead420.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#42051 3 years, 3 months ago
if you are using the band's trademarked logos then they have every right to tell you to stop...you're not giving your stuff away, so why should they??? this reminds me of the time they pulled the soundboards down from the archive and everyone got sand in their underpants...this band/s owes us nothing, and has already given us plenty...if you think they care about the 'vending scene' outside the show then you are delusional...having to continue touring non-stop to support all the leaches who had no other semblance of a life is what killed jerry garcia...it's pretty well documented that he wanted to quit but felt bad for all the people who would instatntly be without a livlihood if he stopped, so he pushed himself way harder than he should have and his heart gave out before he even had a chance to hit 60
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#42052 3 years, 3 months ago
True, but jus cus someone has the right to do something doesnt make right... I like how you call people delusional n leaches. Very kind words. =-)
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by DeadHead420.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#42128 3 years, 3 months ago
Well, that sounds like an over-zealous employee of the venue, for sure. Usually they just have you pack it up if there's a problem with vending. Destroying artwork sounds like someone was operating on their own initiative. The band has always stated that they are very protective of their trademark logos and artwork, and that makes sense, but if it was original then there's no call for destruction of the art.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#42135 3 years, 3 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
I like how you call people delusional n leaches. Very kind words. =-)

DeadHead420 wrote:
"douchers" "kick them in the nads" "douchelords" "stick out a leg and trip the douchelord"

pot, meet kettle
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds