• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
It All Rolls Into One
Junior Boarder

Re: Wearing a GD Shirt at a Show

#220470 1 year, 9 months ago
My friends and I had a similar conversation before the Charlottesville show last year. My buddy was lightheartedly ribbing me for wearing a GD shirt to see Furthur. My girlfriend and I contended that wearing bands' shirts to their show is kinda chessy, but GD is an exception haha
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#220471 1 year, 9 months ago
It All Rolls Into One wrote:
My friends and I had a similar conversation before the Charlottesville show last year. My buddy was lightheartedly ribbing me for wearing a GD shirt to see Furthur. My girlfriend and I contended that wearing bands' shirts to their show is kinda chessy, but GD is an exception haha

Yes, GD is the exception!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#220472 1 year, 9 months ago
I dont know who this girl is that i took a pic of, but I really liked her sweater. I see some of these sweaters but not to many this color. Its cute for a girl

11.jpg
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#220477 1 year, 9 months ago
there is a company named eden rose that makes some really sweet alpaca hoodies similar to this for girls and guys ... good cause too !!!!

edensrose.org/store/
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by alilfurther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, 23atwell
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#220480 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^^^^^^
I have one and seriously is well made and warm.

If you are going to spend your hard earned: edensrose.org/grateful-dead-alpaca-hoodie/
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by ecojaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#220481 1 year, 9 months ago
I always leaned towards lot shirts and shirts that implied GD rather than had the actual logo, and a lot of just plain tie-dyes. I still have bags of them in a back closet. I think Funky420 had the best idea of what to do with them, I think this is very cool!!

funky420 wrote:
What are yours and what have you done with them? I've cut mine up and made a comforter out of them, the comforter is black cordouroy and is very heavy, perfect for cold winters.

2012-05-2508.58.13.jpg

2012-05-2509.01.51.jpg

2012-05-2509.00.14.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, nycdave, 23atwell, Cosmic Arkie
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#220483 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^ Love it SUE
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#220485 1 year, 9 months ago
I tend to where them everywhere seeing that I don't have many other ones.... except work

I gotta start getting more lot shirts, to many merch booth ones. There nice but there's something special about lot shirts it seems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, Cosmic Arkie
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#220488 1 year, 9 months ago
I to like the lot shirts, but the quality of the shirts, most of the time are not all that good. If you wash it one time it shrinks and mine have always become not long enough and the neck strectches out. Maybe Im pickey. I still wear them though. My favorite shirt is my dark blue Jerry hand shirt. I probably wear it to much. I kinda of a simple man
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#220491 1 year, 9 months ago
Great thread! I am kind of weird about it.... I will go through many many shows without wearing them, then I will wear them tons.

I feel like wearing a gd type shirt to a show is trying to fit in which is my ego that I really dont need to do and I personally try to work on my inner self a lot.. I know that deep down I will fit in anyways without a shirt.

But then I will wear one all the time becuase there are so many badass shirts and its great to be part of the community in that sense and I realize that I am just looking to far into things.
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#220497 1 year, 9 months ago
I guess its kinda like going to a baseball game or a football game. Most people want to show their colors and creativity. Thats how I feel
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#220499 1 year, 9 months ago
Totally!!! EXCEPT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A GD/FURTHUR CONCERT!!! The creativity of the community is amazing... Sometimes I feel like there is almost as many shirts as stars in the sky hehe....

To me sports are a little played out..... They bore the hell out of me and there are only so many options, catch the ball, throw the ball, runn, kick, touchdown, 3 pointer, goal, fumble.... (Oh god I have a feeling I will have a lot of mean responses) HEHE
Plus the memorabilia in sports cant even compare to GD/Furthur... Youd think with the amount of people who love sports, they would have a little bit more variety in clothing and such.
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds