• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
It All Rolls Into One
Junior Boarder

Re: Wearing a GD Shirt at a Show

#220445 1 year, 10 months ago
stealyourbase.jpg

I only have 2 GD shirts, both from the 95 tour (the only concert my whole family went to. I was 10). I wish I had more, but I never seem to have the money for them at the shows. I really like this one.....
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#220446 1 year, 10 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I remember a shirt with Calvin hugging Hobbes, that read: Not Fade Away. Leave it to Bob to find a sleevles T. Back in the day he was the one who looked and acted like a rock star, part of which includes being more fashionalbe.

I think what he FOUND was a pair of scissors

Oddly enough, as 'fashionable' as he was I don't know anyone who went out and bought those Izod shirts with the alligator on them.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#220453 1 year, 10 months ago
I greatly admire lot merchandise (never been a fan of multi-corp spoofs, though. sorry). One of my favorite types of threads on music message boards (particularly GD related) is when people share their collections by way of photos. I actually save a lot of those images because so many have that incredible folk-art feel to them. They're worth saving. Shirts, J-cards, various trinkets, stickers, etc. I love seeing all that stuff.

I've only ever owned a single GD shirt, and I purchased it unknowingly out of a dark garage at a yard sale after exiting a week-long backpacking trip in Bandelier National Monument (great place - highly recommended) and needing something that didn't reek. It was a black shirt with gold ink, and the ink was slightly faded and with no words on it. When I washed it, the ink stood out when wet, and it then dawned on me that it was a GD design for the Egypt tour.

I've never been comfortable in band shirts. I've purchased many, and they all go into a drawer or trash bag never to be seen again. I need to eBay them. Most of them look brand new, and the ones from my teen years might be worth some decent cash. Coincidentally, I grew up around a couple of guys in a skateboard crew who were very outspoken about never wearing branded shirts. They weren't much on the political side, but something about shirts with brands on them really drove them crazy. They would design their own art and make shirts with markers and stencils and spray paint, but they would never don a shirt with a logo on it. That stuff kind of rubbed off on me. I usually remove logos or obscure them, but I prefer logo-less clothing. I spent many a day Xactoing designs and spraypainting shirts for personal use. As cool as tie-dying is, I've seen some insanely cool, multi-color, multi-layer spraypainted T-shirts.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#220468 1 year, 10 months ago
I never wear band shirts either, but wearing a GD shirt is just not the same as wearing a Rolling Stone shirt. I know GD is a band but its also about the community and about the person I am. I cant help but put GD on a level that no other band can reach, for me. I take so much pride in my back pack, he pins Ive collected and the patches that were giving to me. I hold that stuff close to my heart. Might sound cliche but win I pull that stuff out for a show or whatever, I feel that magic. I love it
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
It All Rolls Into One
Junior Boarder

#220470 1 year, 10 months ago
My friends and I had a similar conversation before the Charlottesville show last year. My buddy was lightheartedly ribbing me for wearing a GD shirt to see Furthur. My girlfriend and I contended that wearing bands' shirts to their show is kinda chessy, but GD is an exception haha
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#220471 1 year, 10 months ago
It All Rolls Into One wrote:
My friends and I had a similar conversation before the Charlottesville show last year. My buddy was lightheartedly ribbing me for wearing a GD shirt to see Furthur. My girlfriend and I contended that wearing bands' shirts to their show is kinda chessy, but GD is an exception haha

Yes, GD is the exception!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#220472 1 year, 10 months ago
I dont know who this girl is that i took a pic of, but I really liked her sweater. I see some of these sweaters but not to many this color. Its cute for a girl

11.jpg
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#220477 1 year, 10 months ago
there is a company named eden rose that makes some really sweet alpaca hoodies similar to this for girls and guys ... good cause too !!!!

edensrose.org/store/
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by alilfurther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, 23atwell
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#220480 1 year, 10 months ago
^^^^^^^^
I have one and seriously is well made and warm.

If you are going to spend your hard earned: edensrose.org/grateful-dead-alpaca-hoodie/
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by ecojaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#220481 1 year, 10 months ago
I always leaned towards lot shirts and shirts that implied GD rather than had the actual logo, and a lot of just plain tie-dyes. I still have bags of them in a back closet. I think Funky420 had the best idea of what to do with them, I think this is very cool!!

funky420 wrote:
What are yours and what have you done with them? I've cut mine up and made a comforter out of them, the comforter is black cordouroy and is very heavy, perfect for cold winters.

2012-05-2508.58.13.jpg

2012-05-2509.01.51.jpg

2012-05-2509.00.14.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, nycdave, 23atwell, Cosmic Arkie
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds